Love Where You Live – First Realty Property Management
Whether you’re looking for an apartment, house, or duplex in the Auburn/Opelika area, First Realty has what you’re looking for. From efficiencies to condos to single family homes, we offer you attractive, affordable living options and supportive service throughout your lease. Please stop by our office at 428 E Magnolia Ave as soon as you’re ready to take a closer look at any of our properties. We’ll be happy to answer your questions, talk through your rental options, and assist you in accessing the property you’re considering leasing. In most cases, a lease agreement can be finalized in one day.
If you decide to sign a lease with First Realty, you’ll need to drop by our Magnolia Ave office with the following:
- A picture ID (you’ll need this in order to obtain a key to check out a property)
- A $155 non-refundable application fee
- Details of your credit and rental history
- Deposit (equal to one month’s rent)
We have no doubt you’ll agree that First Realty is the first choice for housing in the Auburn/Opelika area. So come on by our downtown Auburn location and let us do what we do best…serve you in your housing needs.
Please view some of the most frequently asked questions below to find out more information about leasing from First Realty:
I want to rent a residence that you manage. Where do I start?
- Once you have selected a property we must have a completed application, signed lease, application fee of $150.00 and an amount equal to one months rent as a security deposit. This can be done in person in the rental office or via fax or email.
- You must be at least 19 years of age to sign a residential lease in the state of Alabama. In some instances a parental guarantor may sign the lease for someone who is underage. All persons applying for a property are subject to a credit check and verification of income. In most cases a lease can be approved within a very short time.
When is rent due and how do I pay?
- Rent is due on the first of every month. There is a grace period until the 5th. After the 5th, there is a $50 late fee. If rent is still not paid by the 10th, the late fee increases to $100. Rent can be paid through your online Tenant Portal by credit card, debit card or eCheck. Cash must be brought to the office during business hours. Checks or money orders may be dropped in the box by the front door. Payments can also be made by phone or online. Mailing address for payment is:
PO Box 349
Auburn, Al 36831
Do I need renter’s insurance?
- We strongly encourage our tenants to purchase renters insurance. Property insurance does not cover tenant possessions in the case of fire, flood, theft or other damage. Also, you may be personally liable for damage that you accidently cause to the property. Renters insurance is easily affordable and available from most insurance companies.
What is your policy on pets?
- Some of the properties offered by First Realty do allow pets , others do not. Any property listed with our company will be advertised as either “pets allowed” or “no pets”. If a property does allow pets, each pet will require a $400 pet deposit. This deposit is refundable provided there is no pet damage upon move out. In most instances pets are limited to either one dog or one cat. If your property does not allow pets that means that pets are not to be on the premises at any time for any reason. Even if your residence allows pets, you MUST have permission and pay the pet deposit before you bring a pet onto the property.